Pet insurance made easy - Glossary
Our glossary will help you to understand some of the commonly used phrases within pet insurance.
Behavioural therapies – included on our Prestige policy
If your pet is diagnosed with a behavioural condition by a vet, we will pay towards prescribed treatment costs. This could include:
- Training to address behavioural issues for up to six months
- Pheromone products to help with calming pets as part of a behaviour programme
- Medication prescribed by your vet to help improve your pet’s behaviour.
The condition must be diagnosed, and treatment carried out, by a qualified professional such as:
- A vet
- A certified clinical animal behaviourist (CCAB)
- A member of the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC)
- A member of the Canine and Feline Behaviour Association (CFBA)
Check out our full glossary to make pet insurance easier to understand.VIEW FULL GLOSSARY