Animal Friends Blog
The 21st century has seen an explosion of gadgets and whether your tech head or not we are surrounded by all sorts of tech every day. But gadget goodness doesn’t just have to be for humans, our furry friends also have a plethora of gadgets available on the market.
From the ridiculous (a doggie treadmill?) to the sublime (Bacon flavoured bubbles) the guys over at Mashable have listed 10 Crazy Gadgets for pets. Some of the gadgets we feel have been created to make humans more lazy however there are some which are beneficial such as the Drinkwell Pet Fountain and the USB dog tag.
More recently however Jason Bradbury from Channel Fives ‘The Gadget Show’ has researched, played and tested a whole litter of gadgets for pets and narrowed it down to just 5 top dog gadgets that are simply must have’s for your four legged friends.
In reverse order the winners are:
5) PetSafe 5 Automatic Feeder – Programme up to 5 feeds either for multiple pets or multiple feeds over a period of a week. Simple and easy to use.
4) Hyperdog Doggie Driver – One for the lads, practice your golf swing whilst playing fetch with your dog. This driver can drive a tennis ball up to 100 yards, a great way to brush up on your golf.
3) Dyson Groom Tool – a superb new offering from Dyson that will fit to any model and effortlessly groom your pets coat with some simple, harmless claws which then withdraw and allows the hair to be sucked away.
2) Litter Robot 2 self cleaning toilet – This genius litter tray for cats detects when a cat has done its business and rotates around allowing the kitty poop to fall through into a removable tray keeping the litter clean, odorless and fresh.
1) Retrieva Dog Tracking Collar – This collar sends a GPS signal which the user can either text to get a location of your pooch or it has an app which updates it’s GPS position every 30 seconds. A great way to ensure you know where your canine friend is lurking should they go for a wander.
All gadgets were tried and tested at Battersea Dog and Cat home in Windsor.
If you have any unique or cool pet related gadgets please feel free to write about them in the comments below. What’s your favourite pet gadget?
To find out more about gadgets and products for your pet, visit our blog, article and guide pages. Insuring your pet gives you peace of mind that you and your pet will be covered if anything were to happen. Animal Friends offer a range of policies for dogs, cats and horses, and we also insure older pets.
We have a range of pet insurance policies to suit your needsGet a quote
You may also like