Animal Friends Blog
1) These terms and conditions apply to the ‘Rehomed Pet World Cup 2014’ competition run by Animal Friends Insurance Services Ltd (“Animal Friends”/ “The company”) and by entering or participating in the competition, entrants and participants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and agree to be bound by them. Those who do not agree should not enter or partake into the competition.
2) The object of the competition is for entrants and participants to use the page https://www.animalfriendsquote.co.uk/fb-worldcup to promote their pet/rehoming centre via Facebook shares, Facebook likes, retweets, story submissions and video submissions. The winning entrant will receive the sum of £5,000 in the form of a donation from Animal Friends Insurance Services Ltd. The “parameter dates” for the competition are 00:00 12/06/2014 – 15/07/2014 00:00.
Entrants and participants are encouraged to use the Facebook share function to promote their pet/rehoming centre’s ‘Pet Player Profile’ but cannot do so in an excessive manner (anything over 150 shares by one unique participant will be deemed excessive). If any entrant or participant does exceed this amount then Animal Friends Insurance Ltd reserves the right to disqualify the entrant or participant from further participation in the competition, or only count ‘Unique shares’ (a share made by a unique participant and not a returning participant).
3) The company: Animal Friends Insurance Services Ltd, 1 The Crescent, Sunrise Way, Amesbury, Wiltshire, SP4 7QA
4) Parameter dates: 00:00 12/06/2014 – 15/07/2014 00:00.
5) The winning entrant will be notified via their channel of entry on 16/07/2014. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner by email, as well as other means if possible. Failure to respond and/or provide necessary details for the donation, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the donation. If the winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to offer the donation to the runner-up.
6) The competition is only open to rehoming centres that are registered with the UK Charities Commission.
7) All information detailing how to enter or participate in this competition forms part of these terms and conditions and the invitation sent directly to entrants and participants. It is a condition of entry and participation that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant or participant abides by these rules. The decision of the company is final, and no correspondence will be entered into after the decision. Entry and participation in this competition will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
8) The final decision is binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The company reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entrants and participants and to disqualify anyone who uses the Facebook share function excessively; as outlined in section 2.
9) By participating in the competition, every entrant and participant:
(a) grants to the company the perpetual and unlimited right and license to use, license, edit, modify, duplicate and/or create derivative works from the winning entrant throughout the world and in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, the right for the promoter to publish, display, broadcast, distribute, reproduce, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use the entry via the internet or any other interactive media, on television, in print and/or any other media currently existing and hereafter developed and without limitation and without further payment or compensation to the entrant following the delivery of the prize, or his/her heirs and successors,
(i) on its own or as part of any audio-visual or other production;
(ii) to advertise any of Animal Friends’ services;
(iii) for any other purpose whatsoever.
(b) Any works showcased on “The Company” website relating to the winning entrant will nonetheless be credited to the entrant, where applicable,
10) Entrants agree that the company will be entitled to edit entries as it deems fit in accordance with current advertising regulations and will not be obliged to make any use of any part or all of an entry.
11) Entrants and participants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity and hardware that may be required in order to participate in the competition.
12) All voting activity (Facebook shares, Facebook likes and Retweets) must be done so within the “parameter dates” of the competition.
13) The donation will consist of £5,000 made to the winning rehoming centre via BACS transfer.
14) By entering into the competition, the winner agrees to participate in publicity following the competition, should it be required. This may include use of their name and image in online and offline publicity, communications, and in any other media worldwide without any fee being paid.
15) Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the donation impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the company and accordingly the company may at its absolute discretion vary, amend or cancel the competition without notice (in particular if it or the website on which the competition is operated is affected by any denial-of-service attacks, viruses, hacking or any other technologically-harmful material or act) and the entrant or participant agrees that no liability will attach to the company as a result thereof.
16) To the extent permitted by law, the company and its agents and representatives hereby expressly exclude any liability whether in contract, tort, criminal law, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, injury or disappointment (including without limitation any pure economic loss) suffered or incurred by any entrant, winner, participant or any third party whether foreseeable or not in connection with any act or omission of the company in developing, planning and administering the competition.
17) The company will not be liable for the inability of any person to participate or vote in the competition because of any failures in computer systems or networks, other malfunctions, or for any other reason.
18) The company will not be liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials relating to this competition.
19) All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law are expressly excluded from these Terms.
20) Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit the company’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
21) Entrants and participants agree that by entering or taking part in the competition their personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by the company for the purposes of administering the competition and for the marketing and sending of other special offers where you have consented to receive the same.
22) If you have a comment, query or complaint about these terms or the promotion, please contact Animal Friends Insurance Services Ltd using the email address: email@example.com
23) The company may refuse to provide the donation in the event that an entrant fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements under these terms in clauses 5 and 7 above, or has committed or is alleged to have committed any act of fraud or dishonesty, or is in breach of any of these terms.
24) In the event of any dispute regarding these terms, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the competition, the decision of the company will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
25) If any provision of these terms (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other competent authority to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in force. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision will apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the commercial intention of the parties.
26) No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms or by law or any abandonment of any such right or remedy will constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor will it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy will preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
27) These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them will be governed and construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or matter of difference which may arise out of or in connection with these terms.
We have a range of pet insurance policies to suit your needsGet a quote
Considering pet insurance but not ready to buy yet?
Fill in your details below and we’ll email you a reminder closer to the time
You may also like