We’d like to think that we are Animal Friends both by name and by nature, and it’s not just the pets with our cover who are on our minds!
Animal Friends Pet Insurance was born out of a desire to help animal charities, and we have so far donated £3,005,800 to global animal charities.
Animal welfare is a wide-ranging concern, not just limited to our pets. We have written a number of guides about different animal welfare concerns, what they are, how they affect animals and what we can do about it. We’ve explored our oceans, jungles, islands and ice caps as well as examining welfare issues affecting animals closer to home.
Animal welfare is at the heart of what we do. To read more about news stories and issues of interest, click some of the links below!
- The Badger Cull: What Do We Know?
- The Illegal Wildlife Trade Part 1
- The Illegal Wildlife Trade Part 2
- A Discussion of Animal Cloning
- Climate Change
- Ocean Conservation: Marine Life
- Ocean Conservation: Pollution
- Endangered Species Spotlight: The Saola
- Endangered Species Spotlight: The Amur Leopard
- Endangered Species Spotlight: The Vaquita
- Endangered Species spotlight: The Northern Sportive Lemur
- Endangered Species Spotlight: The Sumatran Tiger
- Are laws regarding animal abuse tough enough?
- The Cost of Owning a Pet
- The Manchester Dog’s Home Fire: And the Two Sides of Human Nature
- Taking a Look at Animal Heroes
- How to Balance Your Pet with Your Lifestyle
- “Add-to-Basket”: The Problem with Buying Pets Online
- What to Do If You Suspect a Pet Is Being Abused
- What to Do If You Come Across an Unfamiliar Pet