How do I cancel my policy?25853
To cancel your pet insurance policy with us you can:
- Call us on 0344 557 0300
- Speak to us on LiveChat
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
It is not currently possible to cancel your policy online.
Things you should know about cancelling
If you cancel your direct debit, this does not automatically cancel your policy. You will still receive correspondence from us so please do let us know if you no longer need your insurance cover.
We cannot cancel a policy without the policyholder’s permission.
Looking to cancel due to financial reasons?
We understand that some people may look to cancel due to financial reasons – if you wish to retain your cover, then we have some options that may help you keep your pet protected.
- You might be able to change your cover level. You’re able to decrease your cover at any point – we do not charge any fees for this. This can only be done over the phone, please call us on 0344 557 0300.
- If you are struggling financially due to COVID-19, we might be able to offer decreased cover levels or a payment holiday, so please call us on 0344 557 0300.
- If you normally pay for your insurance in one lump sum, you can switch to monthly payments at renewal at no extra cost.*
Looking to move insurance providers?
If you’re looking to change your pet insurance provider here are some things you might want to consider:
- If your pet has developed a condition, it might not be covered elsewhere as it may be deemed a ‘pre-existing condition’ by your new insurer.
- Some insurers apply a ‘waiting period’ to new customer policies. This is a timeframe before new claims for illnesses or injuries can be made.
*You may be required to pay the first month’s premium at the time of making this change if you call within the 14 days prior to the policy’s renewal date. This is because we need 14 days to set up a direct debit with your bank. This change can only be done at renewal and if the initial direct debit payment is needed we will only be able to process this over the phone.
How helpful was this article?
Pet insurance can be confusing.
Check out our A-Z glossary to make it easier to understand.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
We review our pet insurance FAQs regularly and are always adding content. If you are unable to find an answer to a question you have, please contact us or get in touch via our Live Chat facility.
If you’d like more information about Animal Friends Insurance, please go to our About us page.