Healthy pups. Happy humans
We know it’s hard to imagine your beloved pup falling ill or getting hurt, but having insurance cover in place can help protect you from unexpected vet bills.
With cover for puppies starting from 4 weeks old, not only do you get peace of mind knowing your puppy is protected in their times of need, you’ll also get exclusive access to PupStart.
From top to tail, PupStart gives you all the essential advice and support you might need during the first 12 months of your puppy’s growth and development, plus you'll also get free access to veterinary experts at Joii so you can discuss any questions you have about caring for your puppy.
Have one to one video calls with veterinary nurses at Joii. Raise any concerns or questions you have, from neutering to food and puppy behaviour.
Available from the comfort of your own home, any time night or day, 365 days a year, get the vet support you need through the Joii Pet Care app.
Receive information from Animal Friends and the veterinary experts at Joii, to help you take care of your puppy at key stages in their development.
PupStart will give you the knowledge and skills to understand the changes your dog is going through, helping you to build and maintain a strong relationship from puppy, through to adolescence and into adulthood.
To help you protect your pup from fleas and ticks. Get your one month free flea and tick treatment when you have your first puppy clinic with a Joii veterinary nurse.
Each month, Animal Friends will be giving away £200 worth of puppy goodies to a new PupStart customer. There'll also be two runners up prizes. T&Cs apply.
Read all the terms and conditions to our PupStart benefits or find out more about PupStart.
- PupStart is promoted by Animal Friends Pet Insurance Limited - No.1 The Crescent Solstice Park, Amesbury, SP4 7QA and is in partnership with Joii Pet Care trading as VET AI Limited - Ebble House, Odstock, Salisbury, SP5 4JB.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the PupStart programme and participation in the programme is considered as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- All participants must be resident in the UK and aged 18 or over.
- Access to PupStart is only available for Animal Friends Pet Insurance customers from 4th January 2021, who hold a current policy with a puppy aged between four weeks and 12 months old.
- If you cease to be an Animal Friends Pet Insurance customer you will be removed from the PupStart programme, as the benefits are exclusive to customers.
- Customers will automatically receive PupStart emails when they take out a policy for a puppy aged between 4 weeks and 12 months old. Customers can opt out of the PupStart programme at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of any PupStart email.
- To access one-to-one virtual puppy clinics and vet consults, you’ll need to download the free Joii Pet Care app and sign up as an Animal Friends Pet Insurance customer.
- To receive the in-app puppy content from Joii, customers will need to ensure that the message function is switched on in the Joii Pet Care app preferences.
- To change email preferences, call us on 0344 557 0300 or log into your account on Customer Hub through hub.animalfriends.co.uk and update your communication preferences.
- There is no limit on the amount of free vet consultations an eligible dog or cat customer can request.
- The free Joii Pet Care app is only compatible with Apple iOs 10.0 or later, iPhone and iPod Touch and Android 6.0 or later.
- Joii Pet Care services are only accessible through the free Joii Pet Care app.
- It can take up to five minutes from the time you buy a policy before Joii Pet Care has all the required information to allow you to sign up. You will be able to use the app and your account from day one.
- The Joii Pet Care app is recommended not to be used in life-threatening situations. Please contact your vet in the event of an emergency involving your pet.
- The information shared with the Joii Pet Care team will be shared with Animal Friends Pet Insurance including vet notes if there is a subsequent claim.
- Joii Pet Care is currently not able to offer prescription medication to all areas of the UK due to a change in the RCVS guidelines. The Joii Pet Care vet team will be able to confirm during a consult if they are able to prescribe prescription medications in your area.
- Joii Pet Care vets and vet nurses are not able to discuss your Animal Friends Pet Insurance policy details, for further information about your policy please contact email@example.com or call 0344 557 0300.
- Access to the free online training for puppy first aid will be carried out through the Dog First Aid Franchise Limited booking system. Animal Friends will send a link to eligible customers to be able to join the course. Animal Friends Pet Insurance are not liable for any adverse conditions encountered by any pet, as a result of you using the puppy first aid knowledge you have learnt in this programme.
- One-to-One virtual puppy clinics and training advice with a Joii Pet Care vet nurse are available from 8am-10pm seven days a week.
- Any regular subscription packages you enrol in through Joii Pet Care will be solely contracted by Joii Pet Care and not Animal Friends Pet Insurance. Any queries regarding subscriptions and recommendations for food or treatments should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be entered into the PupStart monthly prize draw, customers must:
- Buy or own an Animal Friends Insurance policy for a puppy (between four weeks and 12 months old).
- Register with the Joii Pet Care App as an Animal Friends Pet Insurance customer.
- Complete one PupStart nurse consultation to be entered into the prize draw for that month, accessed via the ‘Puppy Clinics’ section within the Joii Pet Care app.
- One winner and two runners-up will be randomly selected from the pool of customers who fit the above criteria, every month from January 2022 to December 2022, to win a goodies hamper.
- The 1st prize will contain, but is not limited to, the following items: dog grooming items, Pet Remedy calming spray, Douxo Pet Shampoo, Dog First Aid kit, treat dispenser, dog treats, snuffle mat, and branded Animal Friends Pet Insurance items including lead, poo bags, water bowl, bandana and tennis balls.
- Two runners up will also be randomly selected each month to receive, included but not limited to, the following items: dog grooming items, treats, poo bags and branded Animal Friends Pet Insurance items.
- Animal Friends Pet Insurance reserves the right to substitute products where necessary.
- The policy holder will be entered into the draw for the month in which they completed their first puppy clinic nurse consultation with Joii.
- Individuals can only be entered into the competition once per policy and only win once.
- All entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- There is no automatic prize. Purchasing an AFI policy, registering with Joii or completing a PupStart nurse consultation does not guarantee winning a prize.
- Customers cannot enter the Competition via Social Media or Facebook Messenger.
- The Competition runs every calendar month from January 1st – December 31st 2022.
- The winners and runners up will be notified in the final week of each month, via an email sent to the email address that is linked to their policy.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner’s postal address that is linked to their policy.
- By entering and subsequently winning the Competition, the prize winner acknowledges that the prize could take up to 21 working days to arrive, more if there are economic or pandemic restrictions out of Animal Friends’ control.
- By entering and subsequently winning the Competition, winners’ consent to Animal Friends Insurance using their first name, pet’s name and any photographs provided to promote the brand across websites and social media. Winners may object to their first name, pet’s name and photograph being shared by emailing email@example.com.
- Animal Friends Insurance reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by giving reasonable notice for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons.
- Animal Friends Insurance is not liable for any adverse reaction, encountered by any pet, as a result of using any of the products recommended as part of the programme.
- Animal Friends Insurance accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of taking part in the PupStart programme. Animal Friends Insurance further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- If any paragraph in these terms and conditions is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other paragraphs of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with these terms and conditions.
- The PupStart programme is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
We have 5 types of pet insurance policies, including two options for Lifetime, each with different levels of cover for the cost of vet fees.
Pre-existing conditions aren’t covered, unless they have been treatment and symptom free for more than 2 years. We consider a condition to be pre-existing if your pet showed any signs or symptoms of it before your cover start date, whether they needed treatment previously or not.
This aims to protect your dog if they have an accident. It doesn’t cover you for any illnesses or diseases they might have. If your dog has an accident, the policy offers £2,500 per year towards the cost of treating their injuries. The £2,500 limit applies to each accident your dog might have, and there’s no limit to the number of accidents you can claim for.
Each accident also has a lifetime limit of £15,000 – as long as you renew your policy. So, you can make claims over multiple years if your dog needs long-term treatment for their injuries – up to the £2,500 annual limit.
Time Limited products aim to protect your dog if they become ill or are injured in an accident. You can claim up to a set amount for vet fees for each condition your dog might have.
Each new condition is covered for 12 months – as long as you renew your policy. The 12 months starts from the date your dog first showed signs or symptoms of the condition. Once you reach your vet fee limit – or after 12 months, whichever comes first – we won’t cover that condition anymore, even after you renew.
The annual limit in your schedule is the most we’ll pay in total each year for all conditions.
Maximum Benefit policies aim to protect your dog if they become ill or are injured in an accident. You can claim up to a set amount for vet fees for each condition your dog might have. You can claim for as many conditions as you need to, as long as you stay within the vet fee limit for each condition. Once you reach the limit for a condition, you won't be able to make a claim for it again, even after you renew.
Lifetime Annual Limit
Lifetime Annual Limit policies aim to protect your dog if they become ill or are injured in an accident. This policy allows you to claim up to a set amount for vet fees each policy year. You can claim for as many conditions as you need to each policy year, as long as you stay within your vet fee limit. The limit resets when you renew, and we’ll cover your dog’s conditions for as long as you have a policy with us.
Lifetime Condition Limit
Lifetime Condition Limit policies aim to protect your dog if they become ill or are injured in an accident. This policy allows you to claim up to a set amount for vet fees per policy year for each condition your dog might have. You can claim for as many conditions as you need to each policy year. This limit resets when you renew, and we’ll cover your dog’s conditions for as long as you have a policy with us.
Pet insurance premiums increase as your pet gets older, as the chance of your pet becoming ill increases. Excesses apply to all our policies and a co-payment is currently payable on claims if you renew your policy after your dog turns 8 years old.
How much cover do you need?
Knowing how much your dog could cost is important so you’re prepared with the right type of policy and we’re here to help with cover up to £6,000 in a year.
Buying your first puppy? We can help...
Getting your first puppy is incredibly exciting but there are many things to think about even before you pick out which lucky pup you will bring home. But there's no need to worry, our free advice can help you make the right choices so you can just focus on starting a wonderful new life together.