What animals can I insure with Animal Friends?24760
We offer cover for dogs, cats, horses, ponies and donkeys, as well as insurance for riders.
Some exclusions may apply based on your pet’s breed, behaviour and lifestyle, so it’s important to check our excluded breeds list and general exclusions.
Please note that we will not cover mixed breeds where they are known to be a cross of any of our excluded breeds.
Excluded dog breeds
- Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog
- American Bandogge / Bandogge Mastiff
- American Bully
- American Foxhound
- American/Irish Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Anatolian Karabash
- Anatolian Shepherd Dog
- Anglican Bulldogge
- Any dog banned in Great Britain
- This includes any ‘type’ defined in the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, considered to match the description of a prohibited ‘type’; any breed crossed with these dogs; and any other breed or type added at a later date.
- Any dog used for hunting, shooting, trade, or business
- Any dogs under 4 weeks old
- Australian Dingo
- Biewer Terrier/Biewer Terrier Cross
- Braque du Bourbonnais
- Brazilian Dogo
- Bucovina Shepherd Dog
- Bully Kutta / Pakistani Mastiff / Indian Mastiff
- Canary Dogs / Perro de Presa Canarios / Presa Canarios
- Cane Corsos
- Caucasian Shepherd Dog / Caucasian Ovcharka
- Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs / Saarloos Wolfhound / Wolf Hybrids
- Dogo Argentino / Argentine Dogo / Argentinian Mastiff
- Fila Brasileiro / Cao Fila / Saint Miguel Cattle Dog / Azores Cattle Dog / Brazilian Mastiff
- Fox hound / Foxhound
- French Gun Dog
- Greek Harehound
- Greek Shepherd / Greek sheepdog / Hellenikos Poimenikos
- Istrian Hound
- Japanese Tosa / Tosa Inus
- Karelian Bear Hound
- Korean Jindo
- Northern Inuit Dogs
- Pit Bull Terrier / Pit Bull Mastiff
- Racing Greyhounds
- Romanian Raven Shepherd Dog
- Sabueso Español
- Shar Pei
- Thai Ridgeback
- Turkish Kangal
Excluded cat breeds
- Asian Leopard Cat
How helpful was this article?
Looking for something else?