Animal Friends Blog
- Founded in 1988, FOUR PAWS is a global animal welfare organisation working to rescue animals from suffering in captivity and the wild.
- We have 12 sanctuaries around the globe; 7 focused on bears, 3 on big cats,1 for elephants and a forest school in Borneo for Orangutans.
- Approximately 800 bears remain on more than 250 bile farms (2017). Most spend a sad existence in tiny metal cages. Last month we rescued 7 bears now living in a species-appropriate environment in our sanctuary in Vietnam. FOUR PAWS is helping the Vietnamese government to close bear farms and end the cruel practice of bile extraction once and for all.
- We help dogs and cats around the world. In Romania we are rescuing, rehoming and even training them to be therapy dogs. In Southeast Asia we are saving companion animals from the cruel dog and cat meat trade, whilst also humanely managing stray animal populations to ensure improved animal welfare for years to come.
- Tigers – In the course of the twentieth century, we have so far lost over 90% of the tiger population. Current estimates suggest that there are only around 3,900 tigers left in the wild. To save the tiger as a species we must ensure all tigers are protected equally and we work with the European Commission and Member States to stop the commercial tiger trade now before it’s too late.
We have a range of pet insurance policies to suit your needsGet a quote
Considering pet insurance but not ready to buy yet?
Fill in your details below and we’ll email you a reminder closer to the time
You may also like