Dog Insurance Policies
They say a dog is man’s best friend, and dog owners will certainly agree that is the case. From energetic dogs like Springer Spaniels and Labradors, to toy breeds like Pugs, dogs become a huge part of our lives. While you will do your utmost to keep your dog out of harm’s way accidents do happen, and having a dog insurance policy can help you with unexpected vet’s bills and much more besides.
Our website has plenty of content to see you through puppyhood to life with your dog as they mature. Our step-by-step guides can help you prepare yourself for some of the experiences that dog ownership throws at you from taking your dog for walks to introducing your dog to a new baby. Not only that, but we also support numerous dog charities all over the world, from Dogs Trust in the UK to NOWZAD in Afghanistan.
Unfortunately, there are some breeds of dog that we do not provide cover for.
The following list includes, but is not limited to, the breeds that we do not insure.
- Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog
- American Bandogge / Bandogge Mastiff
- American/Irish Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Anatolian Shepherd Dog
- Any dog banned in Great Britain
- This includes any 'type' defined in the Dangerous Dogs Act 1992, considered to match the description of a prohibited 'type'; any breed crossed with these dogs; and any other breed or type added at a later date.
- Any dog used for hunting, shooting, trade, or business
- Any dogs under 4 weeks old
- Biewer Terrier/Biewer Terrier Cross
- Bully Kutta
- Canary Dogs / Perro de Presa Canarios / Presa Canarios
- Cane Corsos
- Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs / Sarlooswolfhounds / Wolf Hybrids
- Dogo Argentino / Argentine Dogo / Argentinian Mastiff
- Fila Brasileiro / Cao Fila / Saint Miguel Cattle Dog / Azores Cattle Dog / Brazilian Mastiff
- Japanese Tosa / Tosa Inus
- Korean Jindo
- Northern Inuit Dogs
- Pit Bull Terrier
- Racing Greyhounds
- Shar Pei
Dog Insurance Benefits
- Cover for your dog from 4 weeks old with no upper age limit
- 10% Multi-pet Discount*
- Same day claims payment (when using our Pawtal system)
- 9 policies to choose from catering for many of your dog's needs
- Monthly or annual payment
What Policies Do You Offer?
We believe that everyone should be able to have some kind of dog insurance policy, which is why we have a range of policies for you to choose from. Our competitively-priced dog insurance policies are designed to cater to your pet and pocket without it being a lengthy and time-consuming process and means we truly are the top dog for insurance! This way we can do our best to provide policies which suit your budget as well as your dog’s needs. Use our handy comparison table below to find your perfect dog insurance policy. Whether you choose to adopt or buy a dog we can help you through the adventure of dog ownership. We have a blog full of guides and articles all about our canine friends, from puppy training to keeping senior dogs happy throughout the year
Compare Our Dog Policies
Our Insurance Policies Explained
Our most comprehensive range of policies, our Lifetime Cover will help with the cost of veterinary fees required to treat illness, and injuries from accidents. Where an illness requires treatment for many years, such as prostate disease, it will be covered year after year up to the relevant annual condition limit each year, which will vary depending on which policy you choose. Prices for Lifetime dog cover starts from as little as £5.53 per month .
Time Limited Policy
Our Time-Limited policies cover accidents and illnesses for 365 days from the date the condition first manifested itself, i.e. from when symptoms were first apparent, or when the accident in question occurred. After the 365 days have elapsed that condition will no longer be covered and exclusions will be applied. Our Time-Limited policies carry additional benefits. Prices for Time-Limited dog insurance policies start from £4.02 per month .
For further information please refer to Policy Wording and Key Facts.
How Do I Pay?
In order to make payment quick and easy, we now accept card payments and PayPal when you pay your premium as a single annual payment. If you prefer, you can choose our monthly direct debit option.