What breeds are excluded?25856
Unfortunately, there are some breeds of dogs and cats that we do not provide cover for. This includes any breed crossed with these. Please check our excluded breeds lists:
Excluded dog breeds
- Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog
- American Bandogge / Bandogge Mastiff
- American Bully
- American/Irish Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Anatolian Karabash
- Anatolian Shepherd Dog
- Anglican Bulldogge
- Any dog banned in Great Britain
- This includes any ‘type’ defined in the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, considered to match the description of a prohibited ‘type’; any breed crossed with these dogs; and any other breed or type added at a later date.
- Any dog used for hunting, shooting, trade, or business
- Any dogs under 4 weeks old
- Australian Dingo
- Brazilian Dogo
- Bucovina Shepherd Dog
- Bully Kutta / Pakistani Mastiff / Indian Mastiff
- Canary Dogs / Perro de Presa Canarios / Presa Canarios
- Cane Corsos
- Caucasian Shepherd Dog / Caucasian Ovcharka
- Chinese Red Dog
- Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs / Saarloos Wolfhound / Wolf Hybrids
- Dogo Argentino / Argentine Dogo / Argentinian Mastiff
- Fila Brasileiro / Cao Fila / Saint Miguel Cattle Dog / Azores Cattle Dog / Brazilian Mastiff
- Fox hound / Foxhound
- Greek Harehound
- Greek Shepherd / Greek sheepdog / Hellenikos Poimenikos
- Istrian Hound
- Japanese Tosa / Tosa Inus
- Karelian Bear Hound
- Korean Jindo
- Laizhou Hong
- Northern Inuit Dogs
- Pit Bull Terrier / Pit Bull Mastiff
- Racing Greyhounds
- Romanian Raven Shepherd Dog
- Sabueso Español
- Shar Pei
- Thai Ridgeback
- Turkish Kangal
Excluded cat breeds
- Asian Leopard Cat
How helpful was this article?
Pet insurance can be confusing.
Check out our A-Z glossary to make it easier to understand.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
We review our pet insurance FAQs regularly and are always adding content. If you are unable to find an answer to a question you have, please contact us or get in touch via our Live Chat facility.
If you’d like more information about Animal Friends Insurance, please go to our About us page.